Sharing Sunday: October Edition
Trips to Wyoming, baby photos, podcasts and movies are happening this month.
Happy October! It’s been a while. I’m just chugging along. Doing some freelance video editing work, slowly working on my stop motion animation project. Key word is SLOWLY. I feel like the project is crawling but at least it is moving.
And of course I’m taking care of my little lady who is almost 11 months old! Things are getting really fun because she is learning to walk right now and getting into everything. She’s also really funny. We spend a lot of time laughing together. Which is pretty much the highlight of everyday.
I also went on a short trip to eastern Wyoming so that Brigitte could meet her Great, Great Grandmother. That is her grandmother’s grandmother. She is 102 years old and still quite a firecracker. We had a nice trip and gave plane travel with a baby our first try. Honestly, it was tough but we made it. Luckily, everyone around us was really kind and seemed to like babies.
As usual I’ve been listing to lots of podcasts, watching the Walking Dead (this season is awesome so far) and baking cookies when I have the time. Here are some other things I’ve been up to:
- This month I was the featured blogger for Venus Allure Salon and Spa where I wrote about my post-partum hair loss problems. It has been falling out for months and just won’t stop! I was really impressed with Venus Allure’s service and especially with my new cut. It has really helped me regain some confidence as I navigate this difficult time with my hair. Any other moms out there struggle with this? It is brutal!
- Loving the Magic Lessons podcast by author Elizabeth Gilbert. She’s the Eat, Pray, Love lady (I’ve actually never read this) and this time she’s talking about creativity, a topic I’m passionate about. Her theories are similar to The Artist’s Way, a program I completed two years ago and I found her very inspiring.
- Two of the best books I’ve read in the past couple years are being tuned into movies. The Martian is already out and I loved it. As the guys on Filmspotting said “it’s hard to find a reason NOT to like this movie.” Next week, Room comes out. Have you read this book? It’s not as popular as The Martian but it was EXCELLENT. Terrifying, exciting, sweet and thought-provoking. We’ll see how it comes out on the big screen. The trailer looks very promising.
- I’m currently obsessed with The Great British Baking Show (aka The Great British Bake Off) which has one season on Netflix right now. A fun reality show heavy on technique and light on backstabbing.
- If you need some Halloween Fun stop by the Davis Graveyard. It’s really impressive and free! The number of effects playing vary night to night, check their schedule here.
- Lone Fir Cemetery is hosting their annual halloween tours on Saturday. Pre-sale tickets are sold out but there are 600 available at the door. I still have not been but I hear this is a great time.
Happy Sunday and Happy Halloween!
I just stumbled upon your blog. I love all the information and stories you share!!
Thanks for reading! Please come back and check it out again. And let me know if you have any suggestions for weird and wonderful local places to write about.