It’s Sharing Sunday! I’m sharing some new discoveries: Books, TV, podcasts and a skeleton mystery.
Happy Sunday! I don’t know about you but I’m feeling such a sense of relief with this rain. It has been way too dry for too long. Everything is brittle and dry and just so thirsty. We need this. So this morning, I’m curling up in our front window this morning with a cup of coffee and a book. Like many people I’m starting to get cravings for fall. We went for a hike at the Hoyt Arboretum yesterday and the leaves were starting to turn. Soup season is nearly here!
I’ve been really busy this month, but still managed to take in a surprising amount of culture. Podcasts, books and TV, plus lots of fun stuff on the internet. Here are a few links to enjoy on this rainy Sunday.
- The 2015 edition of the Forest For The Trees Mural Project is complete. Go check them out. And check out my photos of the 2014 project.
- Stephen Colbert decided to brush up on his late show skills by hosting a cable access program in Michigan. What?!?? Be sure to check out his special guest starting at 21:55.
- I’m obsessed with this 12-part podcast on the Manson Family.
- Currently reading Girl On A Train. Not finished with it yet, but so far it really reminds me of Gone Girl.
- Just started watching Blunt Talk and I’m hooked. Patrick Stewart plays a drug addicted, cable news host. It is hilarious and outrageous. If you have a chance give it a shot.
- There is a lake in India surrounded by hundreds of skeletons. But the real surprise is what killed them.
- I wish I could go to DC just to visit this Indoor Beach.
- Portland needs to take some notes from City Museum in St. Louis, where they turned an old factory into an adult playground.
- This American Life is just killing it with their education reporting. I have been thinking about the recent episodes on school integration for weeks.
- Loving this adorable website all about delicious baby food.