I’m gearing up for my first time at Feast Portland 2015! Sandwiches, BBQ, and Margaritas are all involved…
In just a few weeks, I’ll be attending my first Feast Portland Festival. I’ve been keeping up with the fest for the last couple years through social media and my blogger friends but this year I’m actually going! Woohoo! Since I’ve never been before, I don’t really know what to expect, but I have some things I’m already looking forward to.
- New restaurants: There are chefs coming not only from around Portland, but around the Northwest and around the country. Dundee, Cannon Beach, Newberg, Eugene… New York City. All are places I could reasonably hope to find myself in the next few years. It’s nice to have something to eat on my radar. Plus, there are so, so many Portland restaurants I’ll finally get the chance to try.
- Sandwich Invitational: I’m more of a casual restaurant kind of gal. I love fine dining, but you are much more likely to find me in chowing on bowls, salads and sandwiches. That’s why I’m excited to check out this event. The big question is: Can I take down 15 sandwiches and some beer in just 3 hours? And live to blog about it? I’m willing to give it a try.
- Aaron Franklin BBQ: My blogging buddy Pechluck is a certified BBQ judge, and she said that the brisket he served at Brunch Village last year was the BEST BRISKET she has ever had. Steep praise. This year Aaron’s dinner is already sold out, but luckily he’s also competing in the Sandwich Invitational and tickets are still available! There will undoubtedly be a line for his sandwich, but I’m willing to wait.
- Wine Education: I am a wine novice. I like to drink it but my knowledge sucks. Please, please don’t even look in my recycling bin. It’s really quite shameful. Honestly, I don’t even know if I could answer the simple question: “What do you like?”. Sometime I like sweet, sometimes dry, sometimes red, sometimes white. So I’m excited to try some new (good) stuff. At the Oregon Bounty alone there are 30+ local wineries. There will be beer too, but for education sake, I’m sticking to wine.
- Margaritas: I love margaritas. Well, really I love tequila, but a good margarita is hard to beat and since I’m spending less time in bars lately and more time at home (with a baby) I’m trying to work on my cocktail skills. That’s why I’m attending the Drink Tank Panel: Margarita’s Moment. Teach me!
- Photos from Night Market: Tickets are already sold out, but I’ll settle for living vicariously through the photos. I loved what I saw on Instagram last year and I can’t wait for more this year. I mean look at that view! You just can’t beat the combination of street food, lights and a new bridge. Maybe next year I’ll get my act together early enough to get tickets, but in the meantime it’s Instagram for me. Too bad Instagram doesn’t too smells….
- Sunday food coma: I’m topping an entire weekend of eating and drinking off with… more eating and drinking at the Brunch Village. Biscuits, chicken & waffles, breakfast tacos… a Bloody Mary bar… Oh dear. You can be sure to find me in Zumba class the next day working it all off.
Feast is a really popular festival! So popular, most of the dinners are already sold out, but as of this writing, there are still tickets to the Sandwich Invitational, Oregon Bounty Grand Tasting, and Brunch Village, plus a few classes and tasting panels. Get em’ while you still can.
Disclaimer: I was granted a Blogger Pass for Feast Portland 2015 for blog posts and social media coverage but I am not otherwise being compensated.