Goodbye June! Here’s what I’ve been up to this month, including a sexy book recommendation.
June is over! It was not as productive as I’d hoped because we had some sleep regression with the baby for a couple weeks. I got up at 2am a few times and never went back to bed! There were many foggy, lazy and dragging days. But such is the life with a baby. This too shall pass….
I have been doing lots of other stuff though… here’s a few things worth sharing:
- As a birthday gift to ourselves (we have the same birthday) my husband and I went to see ‘Mr. Burns: A Post Electric Play’ at the Portland Playhouse. It was everything I’d hoped: weird, creative and full of Simpsons jokes. This was my first visit to Portland Playhouse and I look forward to seeing more in the future. Also, they gave us FREE BEER. That helped too.
- I’m brushing up on my video production skills with a free trial on Lynda.com thanks to the recent LinkedIn merger. I have been a staunch Final Cut Pro user for years, but the industry is moving to Adobe Premiere and so am I! I must say the new Creative Cloud is fantastic.
- We have been LOVING this veggie sandwich during the heat. Healthy, satisfying and no cooking required! My meat-loving husband even requested it a couple times.
- I’ve been trying out the new Cameo video editing app from Vimeo. Here’s a little piece I shot and edited entirely on my iPhone.
[vimeo video_id=”131704296″ width=”400″ height=”300″ title=”Yes” byline=”Yes” portrait=”Yes” autoplay=”No” loop=”No” color=”00adef”]
- We saw Inside Out at the Roseway Theater and loved it. We saw Jurassic World and laughed our way through it. It was entertaining but totally over the top. Thank goodness for Chris Pratt, without him it would have been terrible.
- I’ve obsessed with Youtube workout videos right now. 10 minutes yoga videos are the best when you have a baby in the house.
- Reading this super sexy page-turner right now. Forbidden lesbian love in post World War One London. Not my usual type of read, but really enjoying it.
- My high school obsession with Roller Coaster Tycoon returns. Except now I’m playing on a Kindle Fire instead of the huge family desktop PC. This is what I do when I have a baby sleeping on me at 3am because my Pinterest app stopped working.
We are spending the holiday weekend at the family lake cabin. Lots of hot dogs, brownies and leaps into the lake are happening. Plus, a babies in swim suits!! Cute overload. Happy 4th of July!