2/23/13 UPDATE: VIOLETTA HAS CLOSED. BOO. THERE IS A NEW ELEPHANT’S DELI IN IT’S PLACES NOW.
Reasons I loved Violetta:
- The Oregon Blue Burger. Caramelized onions, Oregonzola (REAL blue cheese), bacon, brioche bun. Only $6. Hard to beat.
- High quality ingredients- local meats & vegetables, organic and sustainable dairy products.
- Director Park. Violetta is in the brand new park, right in front of Fox Tower Theater. It’s a beautiful place to eat and enjoy the city.
- They recycle and compost everything.
- They serve beer and wine.
Reasons I will go back:
- I want to try the fries. Didn’t realize until too late that they didn’t come with the burgers. And they are served in really cute boxes.
- Corndogs. Hand dipped, made fresh.
- They are open late! My co-workers and I are in a constant struggle for new places to eat. Swing shift is a tough time to find an affordable meal in downtown Portland. Violetta burgers are in our future.
- They serve breakfast.
Things to keep in mind before visiting:
- The food is not FAST. They are faster than a regular sit-down restaurant, but much slower than a fast food place. Be prepared to wait in line and wait for your food.
- You may have to sit outside. Indoor seating is limited so wear warm clothes to sit in their covered outdoor seating area.
- Fries are not included with your burger.
DIRECTOR PARK: SW TAYLOR & SW STARK
HOURS: MON-THUR 7AM-10PM, FRIDAY, 7AM- 11PM, SATURDAY 9AM-11PM, SUNDAY 9AM-10PM